Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (9,023 Views)
Accepted Solution

Solution Center Error Message Hardly Ever Goes Away

Every time I start up my laptop, I get an error message that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.  Insert the Solution Center disk and click OK."  It's quite aggrivating because I must stuggle through at least three attempts or more before I can get the error message to finally go away and not come back...until I have to start my laptop again.

I have no clue what feature the program thinks I'm trying to use; I'm not trying to do anything but open my laptop.  Interestingly, there is a number one (1) in the "Use Source" requester window within that error message.  I've inserted the program disk and when I clicked the disk, I got the other error message that basically told me that "1" wasn't the file it wanted.  I tried finding the file it might have wanted, found the Solution Center installation file--one on the CD, and one already on my laptop--but neither of those files were accepted either. 

I want to be able to start up my laptop without having to run this gaunlet of sticky error messages every time.

Please help if you can.

Accepted Solution

Re: Solution Center Error Message Hardly Ever Goes Away

MrsOwl, here is a link that may help you solve your problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?message.uid=1088

Please let us know what happens.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (9,023 Views)

MrsOwl, here is a link that may help you solve your problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?message.uid=1088

Please let us know what happens.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (8,973 Views)

[ Edited ]

One of the instructions in the thread you so thoughtfully and kindly took the time to send said to select the Solution Center.msi file and click OK.  I didn't "get it" that I was to click the OK on the error message window (that I should have left open!).  I experienced minor frustration there because didn't see an "OK" anywhere to click!  At one point--sorry, don't remember when--I got another error message that seemed to indicate there might be something wrong with the installation or the program and gave an error message that I think was 2735.  I should have written it down. 

ANYWAY...the point is...it appears the problem is resolved, but by slightly different means.  The very important key issue was given to me by your response:  Using the disk from the appropriate printer.  Using that disk, I uninstalled Solution Center only and then re-installed it from that printer disk.  Upon restart, the pesky error message no longer appeared.  

Thanks so much for your interest.  It was a real help to have your support.

MrsOwl

Message Edited by MrsOwl on 10-02-2009 12:13 PM
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,402 Views)

the link you gave is for a thread which is 6 pages long.  Could you tell me which page the solution is on as it is not showing as solved.  Or could you just tell me ewhat I need to do as I just want to get rid off the very annoying message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation