cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Morkai
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z230 with Firepro w2100 reverts to low resolution when the monitor is removed.

HP Recommended
Z230 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a workaround for an issue I've found.

I'm using a HP Z230 workstation that has an AMD Firepro w2100 in it.

We're intending on running this machine headless and only accessing it remotely if we need to at all, however, as soon as the monitor (a HP p221 connected via a Dell DVI > Displayport adapter) is removed, and the machine is accessed remotely, it reverts back to 640x480 and becomes largely unusable for the purpose...

I've read up on this a little and found that apparently it's part of the DP specification where it polls for a connected display, and if nothing is connected it will revert back for compatibility reasons, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to perhaps give the machine a "virtual" display or something akin to daemontools showing the machine there's virtual DVD/CD drive to mount an image with.

Hopefully someone has seen this issue and found a way around it 😄

Many thanks.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation