Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,283 Views)

scanning

Product Name: hp officejet 4500 wireless
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

I have a hp officejet 4500 wireless and it prints and copies but does not scan as it gives the refer to documentation message as I want scan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (1,264 Views)

Re: scanning

Hello, @Sabata – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand you are having issues while scanning. Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Scanning” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then proceed to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32439/mp-80348-2/OJ4500vG510n-z_Full_13_en.exe download and install the printer drivers.
  • In the connection type window, select wireless and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation