Tutor
15 7 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

HP Officejet 4500
Microsoft Windows XP

I work with Window XP and the printer is HP officejet4500. It stopped mirror printing. Period. Only 2x was i able to do mirror printing. Now it stopped. I tried to fix the problem with what others on the forum site suggested but none works. Can anyone please suggest to me what could possible gone kaputt? I don't do any fancy stuff on my printer nor computer but even so mirror printing aint working no longer. I am trying to do the logo for our animal rescue organization and transfer the logo with iron on . 

Sure cross my fingers for help to come my way. :):catfrustrated:

8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
15,833 13,833 747 1,767
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

Hi @Motekme,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your HP Officejet 4500 stopped mirror printing on Windows XP. I am sorry to hear this, but happy to help!

Some questions for starters:

• What program are you using to print with?
  • What happens when you try to mirror the image?
  • Are you still able to print in general? (ie: regular paper, and printing a document, or picture.)

Once I know this information, I will be happy to do some further research for you! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Motekme Tutor
Tutor
15 7 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

I print from file a logo. it does not in the print command setting show anything which would change the printer setting. it prints normal. Yes, no probelems printing regular. 

Used to be able to mirror print it just stopped. 

Motekme.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,833 13,833 747 1,767
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

Hi Motekme,

Please see this guide, How to Print T-Shirt Transfers; Mirror Image.

Also, please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Hope this works for you! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
Motekme Tutor
Tutor
15 7 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

No it did not help. I done this already but tried once more and still it does not work. :indifferent:

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,833 13,833 747 1,767
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

Hi Motekme,

Please see this post, Re: HP Officejet 4630e and mirror image function, by my colleague @Rainbow7000. This post also applies to your HP Officejet 4500.

Only other option I can think of besides my colleague's post, is to try an alternate driver. Please see this post, How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows, by @Shane_R.    

We will see what happens! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Motekme Tutor
Tutor
15 7 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

thank you for your suggestion and i followed every bit of instructions but it does NOT work. Please, please anyone else can suggest another option. 

I am trying to p[rint our pickleball logo on t-shirts. It worked once for me and right after no longer. I am not very good with computers but can follow given instructions. PLEASE, someone..

Thank you

Motek

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,833 13,833 747 1,767
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

Hi Motekme,

At this time I believe the next best option for you is to please call our phone support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Motekme Tutor
Tutor
15 7 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mirror printing

Hi and thank you. I figured all out. It works now. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation