Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart B109n-series will not print with new computer. Does not have the control panel as on vide

Photosmart B109n-zseries
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No way to get in to the printer to change any settings. Just going round and round in circles with zero HP support. Worked fine on previous 3 laptops. But not this one, (HP this time!). It has a small control panel with 3 options - none of them print! If you're prepared to spend ages tapping a finger left of the panel, there's more options - all useless.

What the hell is wrong with it?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,196 19,099 1,095 1,181
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart B109n-series will not print with new computer. Does not have the control panel as on vide

@BomWat

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print from the new computer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Are you getting any error message while trying to print?
  • What settings are you trying to change on the printer?
  • How is the printer connected, wireless or USB?
  • Did you any changes on the printer?

Meanwhile

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but someone managed to get it going over the phone. Tried to print your instructions but not possible, so printed the document I wanted again to check. Now have four copies! I don't understand what he did (remotely), but he said it could be having trouble with the huge November Windows 10 update. If it ain't broke ... I'll leave it for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BomWat

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, no doubt I will.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BomWat

Thanks for writing back to us.

Keep the printer firmware updated to avoid these kinds of issue in the feature.

Click here and refer the HP Document to perform the above steps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The panel does not have the options stated. HP could not identify the printer. Clicked on manual download but just blank. If it was already downloaded, (I remember performing this operation recently), WHY DOESN'T IT SAY SO?

It printed yet another copy of the one document I wanted. It uses up all the ink doing unwanted calibrations and unwanted copies.

Absolutely usesless customer support, going round and round in circles, no one to call. I will never buy an HP again.

I'll leave it alone until I want to print something again, fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BomWat

Thank you for replying to my post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, it's run out of ink. Is it worth buying yet another cartridge just to see it all go to waste on unwanted printing? What a waste of time and money just to print two pages!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation