Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Mroz
2 2 0 1
Message 21 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNABLE TO CLAIM HP REWARD FOR INK PURCHASE

Yes, the word "scam" was too strong on my part.  It's not like it was part of my decision to purchase the printer.  It is annoying.  But also, I noticed that since I updated, pages print 3/4, then hang for a minute or two, then finish, and a phantom document is left in the queue, which I have to delete. 

Tags (1)
Jojo_L83
1 1 0 1
Message 22 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had faced this problem for two model of HP printers when I installed new ink catridge. 

Below message always pop out. Even updrage or re install, same issue persist. 

Kindly advice what's wrong with your system and how can I caim the rewards. 

Million of thanks in advance 

image.png

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Liron
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 23 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jojo_L83 wrote:

I had faced this problem for two model of HP printers when I installed new ink catridge. 

Below message always pop out. Even updrage or re install, same issue persist. 

Kindly advice what's wrong with your system and how can I caim the rewards. 

Million of thanks in advance 

image.png

I managed to get the above page too, eventually.

My other two cartridges expired so I replaced them, and had the same problem with not being able to download the page.  However, the rewards popup remained, and I was able to press the buton several times, and finally, I got the above page.

The problem is that pressing the button just gets you to the software & drivers page for the printer, much of which doesn't appear to be very new.  So still no rewards.  What software am I supposed to download?

Tags (1)
PerryLowell
1 1 0 1
Message 24 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having this problem.  I installed an HP black cartridge and the rewards page will not resolve.

-Perry-

Tags (1)
PKHarmon
Level 1
3 3 0 4
Message 25 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was very pleased with the responsiveness that I received from HP support staff monitoring this forum. And I went to the trouble to take screenshots and document each step of the problem for them. The forum support staff forwarded my information (or at least part of it) to the next level, and they actually called me in a couple of days. I was unable to take the call, but they called back 2 more times. Impressive! On their 3rd call, I was able to speak with them finally. And that's where the good news and good service ends.

The lady who called me either only had a small portion of the details, or she only bothered to familiarize herself with a small portion of the details. She was not aware of the screenshots and documentation I had sent and kept asking me questions that she could answer if she would only look at what I had already provided HP. She didn't even really understand what the problem was. It took a good bit of time and trouble to provide them with that information. Too bad they didn't actually use it to help solve the problem!

Further, this lady told me that HP didn't have a rewards program for installing genuine HP cartridges. I told her that they do. She asked her supervisor, and her supervisor told her they don't have that rewards program either. They do have the rewards program, however, whether these 2 people know about it or not. I've claimed rewards from that program multiple times over the years. I told her she should look in her forums at the many other people who are having issues with their supposed non-existent rewards program.

And at that point, I decided that I had wasted far too much time already on this issue. I've give up at least $50 in billable time trying to claim a reward that will be worth far less than my time. What a crock! The lady should have had all the information that I provided to the support person here before she ever got on the phone with me. She may have plenty of time to waste, but I don't.

Very disappointed in HP right now. They have dropped the ball big time on this issue, and it's obviously affecting many customers.

Tags (2)
Merrimkr2
1 1 0 1
Message 26 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled all software and drivers for my HP Deskjet 2541 all in one printer/scanner/ copier and even so, whenever I run out of ink,  I replace the cartridge then get sent to a window to claim my HP rewards yet I never can reach that site and claim my rewards!  It is so frustrating because it hangs up my computer and printer so I can't finish printing what I was in the middle of , nor can I receive the reward.

I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone and paid $19.99 for Tech support to help me tru to fix the issues I was having after malware infiltrated my computer and was effecting my printer, too.  I thought I got all the malware removed but something is still clearly lurcking on my computer still because I can't pull down pull down tabs to make selections, I even have a fight getting to folders I want to select in  My Documents libraries.  So I do have more than this one issue, but even before the malware, I could never actually reach the rewards claim window, it just stops working and acts like it times out while trying to spool or wait for a response.

Tags (1)
PVaHokie
2 2 0 2
Message 27 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Add one more to the list.  Everything's the same with my situation.  Popup, "Claim my reward," gathering data, times out with "unable....."

I bought the darn hp branded ink out of frustration because my 8620 kept refusing to use all the ink in refilled cartridges.  Ink is the biggest profit maker on the printer side of hp.  They will lose money on the printer, to get you to buy their ink.

Tags (1)
snowstorm
Level 1
10 6 0 1
Message 28 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have always used HP cartridges and have been told that I have earned a gift. When clicking on the link it has never opened so I thought it was because I live in Canada. Is this correct?

Tags (1)
Level 16
Level 16
32,601 25,978 2,374 8,012
Message 29 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, the HP Rewards program was ended July 31, 2017. See the document here for information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

ktles1
2 1 0 2
Message 30 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well if their rewards program ended on july 17th 2017 they should stop their popups from coming up when you install a new cartridge.  Bunch of crap if you ask me

Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation