cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cl1231234
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Excessive Feedback From Microphone

HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-5110nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has a combo port to plug into a headset. When I utilize this port (combo jack), there is a respectable amount of static from my microphone  which makes talking to others over voice chat a problem.  I don't hear any feedback, but others do (i can hear it when i check the listen box).  Wondering if there are any solutions to this problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TechSurge
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 166
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @cl1231234,

Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help.

I understand you're having some trouble with microphone audio quality through the headphone jack. I'd like you to start by taking a look through this document: HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems

Please get back to me with results.

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
cl1231234
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I probably should have mentioned I tried everything on that page. I'm plugging a combo jack into a combo port. I have all the most recent drivers. I have troubleshooted. I have messed with audio levels to try to minimize the static feedback; however, nothing works. I couldn't find any solutions online either that worked.  I'm starting to think that my laptop is defective or something. Any other solutions would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
TechSurge
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 166
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @cl1231234,

Have you tested that headset in another device, or tried a different headset with the Notebook?

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
cl1231234
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it works much better on another device. I also have another headset which i use through a usb soundcard. That headset works fine in usb on my laptop. I used a pair of earbuds w/ mic in combo port which had issues. Plugged the earbuds w/ mic into my phone and it works perfect. I think it's a problem with the combo port in my laptop.

0 Kudos
TechSurge
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 166
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @cl1231234,

I'm going to suggest calling in for support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. 

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation