cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PaulOmen
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen 15-ax023dx ssd installation?

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I was wondering if  it was possible to install an ssd to the HP Omen 15-ax023dx and what types are able to be installed, such as pci m.2 or just a sata one?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PaulOmen, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted to know if you can install just the SATA hard drive for your OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax023dx.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

You can install the SSD of your choice, however, HP recommends that you use only the factory shipped HDD & OS, you may upgrade the same at your own discretion, however, the windows OEM may not work and you will need to get a retail version of the windows from a retail store.

If you wish to upgrade the m2 SSD, here's the supported list:

Solid-state drive

Generic SSD 128 GB 2280 M2 SATA-3 Value TL 827560-027

Generic SSD 256 GB 2280 M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMeTLC TL 847109-008

Generic SSD 512 GB 2280 M2PCIe 3x4SS NVMeTLC TL 847110-007

From your user manual: page.18 (Click here)

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation