Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
scottgeorgson Top Student
Top Student
3 0 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

Hp Omen 15-5010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my HP Omen for about 8 or 9 months and slowly the hinge is becoming loose on the screen. So basically if i grab the screen to tilt downward it will move about and inch forward before the grips the hinge and start moving. LIkewise if I hold the laptop by its base and tilt it back and forth the screen will loosely flop back and forth about an inch without affecting the position of the actual hinge. Please advice me on how I can rectify this. I plan to have the computer for at least 2 or 3 more years.

Best regards,

Scott Georgson

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
17464 12878 244 971
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

@scottgeorgson

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Jeremy657 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

I also have this same problem with my hinge, I got my HP Omen around June last year

0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 419
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

@Jeremy657

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Jeremy657 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

I have been unable to contact my support agent regarding this case. I haven't been able to recieve calls recently and my emails also have gone unanswered.

0 Kudos
Jeremy657 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Omen Loose Hinge

woops, i meant that to be a private message -_-

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation