cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BrokeDave
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard Problems on new Omen

HP Recommended
HP Omen 2016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i recently purchased an HP Omen from best buy through the "Geek Squad" company.  It's a great laptop, but i have one very annoying issue which im not sure is hardware or software.

When playing games that require movement using "wasd", my keys will often get stuck. For example, after pressing one of the keys, say "s", my character will sometimes continue to move even after the key is completely released (and the key also returns to it's normal state, it is not physically stuck).

I'm not sure what kind of issue this is, and yes I have re-installed the drivers multiple times in an attempt to fix this. There have been reports of this issue with other customers online, and every forum or chat ive seen about it does not end solved. I'd appreciate some help/advice on what to do. Yes, i do have a warrenty on this laptop, but the members of "Geek Squad" were allegedly unable to replicate the bug, so they could not do anything else besides re-install the driver again.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @BrokeDave,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues with the keyboard. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Please try the steps listed in this document: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8). Check the Character Repeat delay setting.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation