Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
JVDDistribution Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery will not charge after i lost the battery lock clip

hp probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

User comes in my office and lost the battery clip. The clip you use to release the battery. When i use a pen to open the clip i can eject the battery and reseat it, but the laptop will not boot from the battery and will not charge the battery.

Is there a way to make the laptop know the battery is present without the lock clip? and how does this clip work? I think this notebook can work fine the next couple of years.

Or is anybody has a battery clip for the hp probook 6550b, i will be pleased if you can send it to me, i will pay for the stamps ofcourse.

battery_clip_missing_for-HP_ProBook_6550b.jpg

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The clip should be available at any local store nearby as hp wouldn't have options of sending out such clips, however they could have the pc picked up repaired and returned within 2-3weeks.

i suggest checking at the local stores first, then contact HP on 1800-474-6836 for further support.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JVDDistribution Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou,

How is the clip called exactly?

I did some testing on the battery and i get failure id plh3n4-5j384h-xd6v4j-c0dv03

What does it mean?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The failure ID - "plh3n4-5j384h-xd6v4j-c0dv03"
Confirms a battery failure.

please contact HP on 1800-474-6836 ( if the pc is under warranty) inform them about the issue with the CLIP (Battery Latch) and the above mentioned failure ID and they will replace both without charges (free).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation