05-27-2012 10:22 PM
I am working on a friend's Compaq Presario CQ62, and it will not start. When I press the power button, the power button lights up, and the caps lock LED blinks one time. About 3 seconds later, it blinks one time again. I watched it to make sure, and it is just blinking once. I did the hard reset, taking the battery out and holding the power button for one minute. Still the same thing. I found a table on here that shows a single blink means CPU failure. Does she need a new processor? Thanks for any and all help.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)