3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 11 caps lock flashing 2 times

Hp Touchsmart 11-110NR noteboo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Computer was working fine and then next day not, went to power on and all I got was a black screen with caps lock led flashing 2 times and then a pause and then 2 more times and so on. The power light, wireless light, and the led next to the ac power are lit. According to website diagnostics it is a corrupt bios. 

I followed all the hard reset according to website nothing helped, and also tried the EFI bios recovery but I believe there is not the partition necessary cause windows was reinstalled on another ssd and I believe the partition necessary is not there. Mainly cause the procedures did not work. So I go to the software and downloads area to get the bios file only to find out there are none available for this notebook, there are no files available? 

What can I do here? 

HP Touchsmart 11-110NR notebook PC running W10 64bit

Thanks in advance for any help

2 REPLIES 2
5dollaralien Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Strange when I researched again this morning on another computer on the same network mind you using the same serial number the support file are there...Yeh! I was just about to ask if I could use the hp touchsmart 11-e100 series files as I found those but then I decided to another search just in case. Glad I did. Hopefully this works out. 

0 Kudos
5dollaralien Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well this morning downloade the bios file because it was there!! and tonight flashed the problem computer successfully, in fact am typing this reply with it.

Just glad this thing is working now

I also must ask any thoughts on why the bios corruption in the first place....anybody!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation