Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,000 Views)

HP pavilion notebook won't turn on

Product Name: Pavilion - 17-g119dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My laptop was working perfect last night. I opened it this morning and the screen was black and the power button was flashing. Thinking it was dead I plugged it in and the power button turned off. Now the laptop won't turn on at all.

The light shows its charging orange when plugged in. When I take the battery out the charging light turns white. I've tried the hard reset, removing the battery, everything the forums have said.

The laptop is only 5 months old, but there are no HP sellers near by to help correct the issue.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,983 Views)

Re: HP pavilion notebook won't turn on

Cmattson001 wrote:
My laptop was working perfect last night. I opened it this morning and the screen was black and the power button was flashing. Thinking it was dead I plugged it in and the power button turned off. Now the laptop won't turn on at all.

The light shows its charging orange when plugged in. When I take the battery out the charging light turns white. I've tried the hard reset, removing the battery, everything the forums have said.

The laptop is only 5 months old, but there are no HP sellers near by to help correct the issue.

Hi,

Try the steps here

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,973 Views)

Hello, thank you for your quick response. Sadly, nothing worked from those steps. I was able to turn it on a few hours ago and it worked for ten minutes, then I had to shut it off to leave. Now it won't turn back on again.
Associate Professor
Message 4 of 4 (1,950 Views)

Cmattson001 wrote:
Hello, thank you for your quick response. Sadly, nothing worked from those steps. I was able to turn it on a few hours ago and it worked for ten minutes, then I had to shut it off to leave. Now it won't turn back on again.

Were you able to update the Bios version of your computer?

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation