Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)

Hard-disk short DST :failed

Product Name: G6 2231
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please help

Smart check : passed

Short DST : failed

Failure ID : 0K3TTF-00085L-MFPX1A-60RC03

Hard Drive 1

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: Hard-disk short DST :failed

Hi there @Kkthool4, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community! 

You had mentioned receiving a Failure ID: 0K3TTF-00085L-MFPX1A-60RC03. This Failure ID Code is the code for "Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure". As this Failure Code is linked to the Hard Drive, I would suggest backing up all important files as soon as you can just to be safe. 

Here are two documents that will help you troubleshoot to find out the deeper cause. 

Please let me know if  I answered your question by clicking the Thumbs Up button. If the issue has been resolved for you today, please mark this post as an Accepted Solution. This will help other members find the answers more efficiently. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the detailed results of the troubleshooting! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation