Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't boot past HP screen bios corrupt

Hp Stream 13 c020na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I tried to factory reset my laptop, came back to find it switched off. Tried to turn it back on and it won't go past the HP screen and gets stuck in a loop of black screen...HP screen.

I tried pressing windows key and b and caps lock flashes twice indicating bios corruption, but the suggested way of fixing it (press and hold until bios recovery comes up) doesn't work.

I can access the menu by pressing escape but choosing any option on there produces no effect. 

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19015 18973 1240 1990
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't boot past HP screen bios corrupt

Hi @WoahEllie,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues turning on your PC after performing a factory reset, don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should help you,

Since you have already tried to restore the bios and still having the issue and the caps-lock light blinks, which clearly indicates this to be a hardware issue with the notebook.

For more specific steps, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the support document - Click here

If the issue persists, even after following the steps suggested, I would recommend you contact HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation