Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Khalil00 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Stream notebook won't boot Windows 10

HP Stream Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I bought an HP stream notebook for Christmas last year with Windows 10 , and I got a virus on it a few weeks ago and tried to reset it and I say it down for like 2 hrs and it was still frozen at 1% so I turned it off. When I turned it back on there would be a line at the top and then the HP welcome sign would show and then it would go black then turn off ( the power light was still on) and then continue to restart over and over. I tried pressing f11 to go and reset it but every time it says "there was an error resetting your pc" at about 44% and the diagnostic test found nothing. PLZ HELP
5 REPLIES
Professor
Professor
1571 133 297
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, the Windows 10 installation image is available for download from Microsoft if you want to wipe the disk clean and do a fresh install.  There are instructions here.

Khalil00 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get the image of my computer won't boot up windows 10
0 Kudos
Khalil00 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If**
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1571 133 297
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might have to order the recovery media from HP if you do not have another computer to create the Windows 10 installation USB.

Khalil00 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Isn't that a disk? And my notebook doesn't have a disk drive
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation