cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Probook 4740s-Product Information Not Valid System Board 00A problem

HP Recommended
ProBook 4740s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was working on my notebook when suddenly my PC went off. I didn't know what to do so I unpluged it from power and leave it alone for a few hours. Then I try to turn it on again, at first notebook did not respond on power button so I try it again and it turned on....what was very strange....I thought that mybe notebook got overheated, or power went out...and then strange message appeared that said "Product Information Not Valid System Board 00A problem" i pressed enter and system booted up normaly ....I thought it showed up once and will disappear after the restart, but not...notebook is working normaly but this is just annoying me. I googled this problem and it says that this could happend when you change your motherboard, but I didnt touch that at all. Is there any solution or  I need to carry notbook to some service because  notebook warranty has expired, they could charged me repair even I do not see what the failure is.  I would appreciate your help very much, tnx.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

quiet unfortunate , to correct this you will need to have the missing information 're-tattooed' to the bios chip using a dmi tool - this will need to be carried out at a authorised service centre.

But im not enitrely sure , can be a tedious process to follow this link to get it fixed and may or may not work , do try if possible by checking the below link , or call HP for it to be serviced .

Link : http://www.ebay.com/gds/Fix-OOA-HP-Product-Information-Not-Valid-/10000000178245966/g.html

do let me know if this method works for you or if u calling HP for repair

Cheers,

Dhee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and ya its quiet true when the mother board is replaced as the system information might not have been entered or flashed on to the device

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation