Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)

issues with pavilion x2 touchscreen and other functions

[ Edited ]
Product Name: pavilion x2 10,1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, as of the other day my touchscreen has stopped me being able to swipe it , ive lost my battery life indicator and my volume is shown as muted but i cant use the buttons to turn it up

The headphone socket also doesnt work

I can turn it on and off , i can still use it but only with the keyboard, essentially its all the functions from the screen side ive lost

any ideas of how to fix ?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: issues with pavilion x2 touchscreen and other functions

[ Edited ]

Hi @poppinch,

Allow me to welcome you to the  HP community.  A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I understand that you require assistance multiple issues on the computer which includes touchscreen issues. It will be a delight to assist you. Smiley Happy

Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy  .  You are an important HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For assisting you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this start after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.

For starters, to ensure that the computer hardware is fully functional, please try run complete system diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Please ensure to run complete system diagnostics which is the extended tests. If any component fails, it reports a failure code. Please make a note of it.

If all diagnostics pass, please perform a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 and follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally” This should do the trick for you.

If this does not work, then please perform a reset on your computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04742289

It will do the trick for you. Please backup al your files before doing the push reset to an external flash drive or to the cloud.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (36 Views)

Hi David,

OK, its a pavilion x2 detachable on windows 10 , no idea how the problem started , it done all; the diagnostics, bizarrely in diagnostics mode I was able to move the square into the boxes on the screen teat and the sound beep test worked perfectly

Ive tried to do a hard reset but its telling me ive got less than 8gb space left, ice taken out everything i can !!!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (27 Views)

Hi @poppinch, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @ DavidSMP , but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Did the system test pass?

To get the icons back on the taskbar. Please follow the procedure below. 

Right-click on the Windows button. 

Select Control panel.

On the Control panel Window. (On the right side top of the control panel, click on View by category and change it to small or large icons)

Select notification icons. 

On the bottom of the notifications window, you will have an option to change System icons on or off.

There you have an option to Select which icons appear on the taskbar.

Refer to this Microsoft article for assistance. 

To gain more disc space on your computer, there are severals steps that you can perform. Please click here for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation