Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

windows hello - envy x360 15

Product Name: Envy x360 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having trouble with Windows Hello. When I first purchased my notebook, Windows Hello was working fine, I had set it up correctly and had been using it successfully for a couple of weeks. Now, it's suddenly not working, and when I try to configure it in settings, there's an error that it cannot find the camera. I've been through the support blogs/forums and tried everything I could find, i.e. updating the software drivers, updating bios, restarting, etc.

I have no idea how to get it working again. I can still unlock with my pin/password but it's just inconvenient when it was so quick to use Windows Hello before. 

If anyone can help that would be fab! 

Cheers

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (492 Views)

Re: windows hello - envy x360 15

Hi! @Soph92, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand windows hello feature is not working on working on your laptop.

According to Microsoft, it will work only a few selected laptops. You would need RealSense 3D camera installed to get the  windows hello feature working. Please find the article using the link below for more information.

Link: http://hp.care/2dLx2Ek

Hope to hear from you soon! Smiley Happy

Have a great day!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (489 Views)

Hi @MrRobot

Thank you for responding, however, as I said in my previous post, Windows Hello had been working on my laptop as I have one of the selected laptop that has RealSense 3D camera but for some reason it has stopped working. 

I'm not sure why it has stopped working :-/

hope you can help

soph

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)

Hi! @Soph92, thanks for the reply.

Try the following steps mentioned below.

Please disable Hello, delete the pin, restart your laptop, recreate pin and turn on Hello.

If the above-mentioned step does not work try performing the steps mentioned below.

Uninstall Synaptics touchpad driver from programs and feature.
Install KB3189866 Update to Fix Windows Hello feature. Please find the link to update 
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/09/windows10.0-kb3189866-x6...

Let me know if this works.

Have a great day!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation