Juevon Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can any SD card fit into my HP Stream axOXX laptop?

HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im not familiar with SD cards, since i've never actually used one, but i'm considering buying one if it will add more space to my laptop. I've been struggling having only 1GB of ram left on this laptop, and because of this it will not update or let me download anything. I just want to know which SD card size would be right for my laptop. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Dean Dean
Dean
8465 778 2371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can any SD card fit into my HP Stream axOXX laptop?

Hello @Juevon

You can't have too much storage as the saying goes.

I would look for what will give you the best deal per gigabyte of space, preferably a better known brand. Generally speaking, I would go with at least a 32GB or larger card, depending on your needs.

I use a Micro SD card with an SD adapter that works fine also.

You can move your default folders (Documents, Photos, etc) over to the SD card to make room. Programs can also be installed to it.

Example tutorial... Link

But there has been an issue recently with HP Stream laptops and updating the Fall Creators Update (FCU).

No matter how much free space you create, it will show that it doesnt have enough free space to do so.

The only way around this is to clean install Windows 10 via a USB thumb drive.

In your case, you would need to use another Windows PC to create the bootable USB drive with.

Create media Windows 10

If you need further help with that, let me know.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation