09-02-2013 10:34 AM
I have been working on this for over a year without any results. It is driving me crazy.
My fingerprint reader on my pavilion dv7 is not working. Actually it never worked (or showed any sign of action) since i bought my laptop.
I've tried installing many kind of different drivers and software, updated BIOS etc. Nothing works.
So i decided to call for your help.
HP Pavilion dv7
Windows 8 64-bit
Bought 1 year ago in The Netherlands
p/n: B1X38EA (#ABH)
Help would be greatly appreciated
09-26-2013 03:53 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:34 AM by OscarFuentes
Please refer to the following two documents.
Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8): http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03718240
Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8): http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653209
Please follow all the troubleshooting steps and let me know whether it helped.
Please support me by clicking on Kudos and Accepted solution if you like my advice. These are the best ways in which you can thank me.
I am an HP Employee.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot