01-10-2017 08:50 PM
Just checking if there has been a fix for this since I see this has been a problem for many people. I as well noticed the hinge and casing pulling apart but never thought it was broken. Until the fan stop working and computer wanted to shut down. Quite frequently I heard the fan making screetching noises which probably had the plastic from the hinge and casing floating around it.
My question is this an easy fix or just buy a new laptop. Paid alot of money for this and works great other than this problem.
01-10-2017 09:07 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot