Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (651 Views)

Pavilion x2 Detachable issues

Product Name: Pavilion x2 10-n156na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi this is my first post.

Had this 2 in one for about a week, replacing a 4 year old acer aspire one netbook D270 which had upgraded SSD and over 8 hr battery life. I dropped it and cracked the screen but it was a great little device I used all the time.

There is a lot to like with this unit, but a few things are a little fustrating.

1) Lost thunderbird and opera from taskbar for no apparent reason. I pin something I expect it to stay.

2) I keep on deleting the HP help from taskbar as it keeps on showing a massive ? on the task bar but no new info, but afrer reboot its back showing help but nothing new. I dont want it.

3) Inconsistent when I undock screen, I loose all input on the touch screen? Dock it back all is fine. This cant be right.

4) Open some webpages no touch screen?.

5)  I Keep on loosing SD card, even during playing music, suddenly stops and no SD. Pop it out and it makes unmounts noise, pop it back in all is fine for a short time like 2 songs then stops again saying file can not be found. Replaced the SD card and same issues.

Are these known issues or something with my device.

Jas

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 8 (626 Views)

Re: Pavilion x2 Detachable issues

Hello @jaz4uk,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having multiple issues with the notebook, and wanted to assist you!

First, have you tried updating the drivers for your notebook?  You can find drivers for your product here: Drivers - HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n156na (ENERGY STAR)

Please let me know if this helps with any of the issues.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 8 (583 Views)

Hi Thanks.

Ok got yet another sd card and format fat32 with the HP so nothing on and it appears to stay mounted. Good news.

Now windows media player. I want to use the SD for my music not the very limited C dive but when I add the SD to the liberary I cant update the album art. It keeps on hanging saying server is buisy.  It shows the albums with details but no art.

If I click on and play an album the info is there and album art. It should already be there as I have copied the album from my main server PC which has already added the album art files. 

Now If I copy the album to C album art is there?. Only C works fine anything else no album art. 

Grove music (unsure who or what this is) has no issues seeing the album art. BUT When playing MP3 rip format it seems a bit choppy, not smooth with clicks.

What I want to do is to have the SD card for my music and it updates the album art and plays smooth.

Retired
Message 4 of 8 (579 Views)

Hello @jaz4uk,

Thank you for the reply!

Try reviewing the following resources, and let me know if the information helps:

Add or change album art in Windows Media Player

Where does Windows Media Player store album artwork?

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 5 of 8 (554 Views)

Hi.

I am fairly PC literate with may years with PC,s I have several laptops, PC and servers all able to cope with mounting a SD card and keeping it mounted. All windows media players can map drives and auto update content and album art, I have a server just for this.

1) updated drivers and I still loose the SD card, it does not unmount just looses interest that the drive is there. Even playing songs they will stop as wmp cant find them. I have jus purchased a new 128GB scandisk SD card with 32GB ofmusic and it goes.

2) WMP still does not update album info only if its on the main C drive.

All I want to do is to have 32GB of music with album art. This tablet cant do it.

Top Student
Message 6 of 8 (531 Views)

SD card playback is still a mjor issue but a bit more fin...

SD card playback is still a mjor issue but a bit more findings.

1) If I add the SD card music folder to my music liberary and share, it looses the settings so no longer sharing after restart. The SD card is still visable in file expolorer.

2) When I include the SD card music folder in Grove player it sees the folder and adds music.

When playing an album it misses some songs off. As it does windows file explorer pops up. going back to grove player I get Cant play error codes 0x8oo703ee or 0x8007002 and many others. If I click on them they play. SO the issue is not the format or SD but HP hardware or drivers especially when I am dooing other things like surfing the web.

Please advise.

Top Student
Message 7 of 8 (505 Views)

Re: SD card playback is still a mjor issue but a bit more fin...

Any update or are we looking at a bigger issue thats not HP.

I guess this wont get answered as this could be a massive cost implications for people that find the fault which is now known.

For me this is a deal breaker, I cant live with just 32gb and no way to to reliably to use either sd or usb to play films and play music. If I could put 250gb HD in then it may be a bit more useable.

Itas a shame because its not a bad unit. 

Retired
Message 8 of 8 (494 Views)

Hello @jaz4uk,

I responded to your topic about this issue here: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable P0H65EA#ABU memory card/ micro SD issues disappears.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation