Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Angel_114 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting Rid of My "Temporary" Profile

HP 15 TS Notebook PC

I have trouble with my "temporary" profile. Every time I log on, I get signed in with a "temporary" profile, where I lose my background setting, and I am missing most of my apps on the Start button, such as the Netflix app, Wordament, and pretty much, most of my apps. I get stuck with a blue background setting, instead of the background profile that I have created, and I always have to log on to Google, YouTube, Facebook, or any other website that I visit each time I visit them, instead of automatically having the computer save my passwords for me so that I don't have to continually log in. I feel that it is a hassle, and I would like to have my old background profile back. I clicked under Settings, and it says that I am logged on with a "temporary" profile, and roaming options are currently unavailable. In other words, I would like to sync my settings---I want to change my profile back to the way it normally was, where I had all of my apps. Please help. Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14015 1324 3141
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Angel_114

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I don't understand what you mean by "temporary" profile.  From your description, it sounds like you're logging in using the default Guest account -- as that seriously restricts what you can do.

At the very least, we need to know which version of Windows you are using: Win7, Win8, or Win10.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Angel_114 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Dean, I use Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14015 1324 3141
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, then do the following:

1) Open Settings

2) Click Accounts

3) Click the Account you are using

4) Look to see which type it is

If it says Guest, then you have serious problems as that account is very limited in what it can do -- and you need to have an Adminstrators account.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation