Ssniderwin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI Port not working

The tv worked for all of 15 seconds, then stopped. I have downloaded the recommended drivers with no resolution to the issue.

It is as if the HDMI port no longer exists. I cannot find it anywhere in the device list.

HP, is this the kind of customer service you want to be known for? I see many comments on this thread for the same issue, yet you have not provided a solution.

Quite interesting how this issue occurred shortly after my warranty expired.

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17710 1153 1862
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI Port not working

Hi @Ssniderwin,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I came across your post about the HP notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP G62 notebook and HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows update tool - Click here

For more assistance, please go through the support document for HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7) - Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance, I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ssniderwin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI Port not working

I have attempted as many of the repair options as possible.  

Where this began.  Last night, I plugged my computer into my tv using the HDMI port.  For approximately 15 seconds, the image appeared on the tv.  Then, the tv went blank, and showed that there was no longer an input device.  I unplugged the wire and plugged it in again.  Still nothing.  

My Computer:  

HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109dx (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

Processor:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2,60 GHz

My System:

Windows 10 Home (appears to be upgraded from Windows 7 before I purchased) 64 Bit

The following are the steps I took to attempt to repair the issue:

1- Display Options > Detect

"Didnt detect another display" was the message I received.

2- Reboot

Repeated step 1, still no other display detected.

3- Device Manager to see if there was an issue with the HDMI port

The HDMI port is no longer on the list of devices

Ran an update on the Intel(R) HD graphics driver.  "The best driver for your device is already installed" was the message.

Ran an update on the NVIDIA GEForce 940 graphics driver.   "The best driver for your device is already installed" was the message.

5- Went to HP Support to seek out drivers

downloaded and installed the following drivers:

-Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver  20.19.15.4360 Rev.A

-NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver  10.18.13.5384 Rev.A

-Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver   6.0.1.7730 Rev.B

- Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver   6.0.1.7661 Rev.A

Reboot the computer

6- Hours of Bing search, resulting in finding that many people have the same issue when Windows 10 is installed (A sudden loss of the ability to use the HDMI plug).  

7- Tonight, I follwed the following processes as per the link you sent:

- Ran the Windows update tool.  Checked for updates.  Received the "Your device is up to date" message.

- Ran the Windows sound troubleshooter, troubleshoot Audio.  Result - "Generic Audio Driver Detected".  There is no solution to this issue provided.

- Performed a hard reset as per the instructions.

**I can not follow any more of the instructions, as if my HDMI port is not detected by my computer.

Note:  When right clicking the speaker icon and selecting playback devices, the HDMI device is not available (even with the "show disabled devices" option checked yes.  

The most frustrating thing about this, is that my warranty just expired.  Eerything functioned perfectly before yesterday.  

What do I do at this point?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation