Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (3,705 Views)

HP ENVY X360 compatibility with Active Pen/Stylus

Product Name: ENVY x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have the ENVY x360 model m6-aq103dx. I bought it because I was told it is compatible with the HP active PEN. I bought the pen and tried it, it didn't work. I called HP for the TENTH time to ask about the compatibility and set up. I was told the active STYLUS would work, so I bought the stylus. It doesn't work either.

The packages list which computers the pen and stylus are compatible with; none of which list the ENVY x360. I would understand if the HP "techs" had told me that my computer is not compatible but instead they say "it may be if it has the right digitizers/driver/capability/etc."

So do I need a different computer or is there a way to make this one communicate with either of the writing tools I have bought??

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (3,659 Views)

Re: HP ENVY X360 compatibility with Active Pen/Stylus

Welcome to HP Forums @EMBR

Thanks for the post, I understand you are facing difficulting in setting up the stylus with your computer. I might be able to assist. 

Recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in this article http://hp.care/2d1X6dL

Also, please let me know the stylus details for me to be able to assist you better. 

Let me know if this helped.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (3,648 Views)

Hi,

This model can only support passive pen, not active stylus pen.

BRs,

I'm an HP employee; I work for HP

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,597 Views)

I am looking for more insight into this issue. I have the HP ENVY x360 m6-aq103dx and am looking for some kind of pen or stylus to use to create pressure sensitive drawings in adobe illustrator. 

Is this even a possiblity, and if so, what is the product I need? I currently have an HP Active Pen Product number 761392-001 and I have had no luck making it work with the device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation