dav102 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

KEyboard inputs morE charactErs than it should (thuis is whuat it looks lik - (E) o'pEns nEw window

NotEbook F211WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

KEyboard inputs morE charactErs than it should (thuis is whuat it looks lik - (E) o'pEns nEw window

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @dav102

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the keyboard on your computer is typing multiple characters on a single key stroke. I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Was any liquid spill or induced damage on your computer?

Recommend you to run a keyboard test on your computer. 

Shut down the computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Power on the computer and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. Click here for assistance. 

Please select the component test and run a test on the keyboard. (Interactive test.)

If the keyboard fails the test or does not respond to the component test, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

If the keyboard works fine in the keyboard test. Please refer to this HP Article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation