Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
vvildrness Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop brightness won't adjust

HP Pavilion 14-AC121TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

My laptop, HP Pavilion 14-AC121TX running on Windows 10, is only three days old, and already I can't adjust the brightness. Not through F2 and F3, and not through the Notifications or Settings bar. Even if I switch between 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%, nothing happens. But I was able to use the F2 and F3 keys just the other day and they worked fine.

If anyone could help me please, that would be so great. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop brightness won't adjust

Hi @vvildrness,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I read that your HP 14-ac121tx Notebook is not letting you adjust the Brightness. I am seeing that if you change the power plan options to balanced option in the Notebook it will help. Here is a link that will help. Go into your power options. Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation