Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pink Haze on Screen HP ENVY 17 Touchscreen Laptop

ENVY 17T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday my HP ENVY T screen has been flooded witha  pink color and it cycles from light to dark and back again, making it practically impossible to use. I have connectd to a TV with an HDMI Cable and that works fine. I wonder how to fix it? Any suggestions? Thanks, DougNaples

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15510 15501 1025 1677
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DougNaples

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the display of your computer.

I’d love to help!

As you have mentioned that the computer works fine when connected to an external display its look a hardware issue. However, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below link and see if that helps.

http://hp.care/2eG33vJ

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DougNaples Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The link sent by the HP Employee brought me to the problem.  Image on the screen flickers and has distorted lines and colors. Problem is shown as the display or other hardware. So I guess I either have to find a resonable cost to replace the display or I'll have to buy a new computer. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15510 15501 1025 1677
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DougNaples

Thanks for the reply.

I recommend you to contact phone support to check the available service options for your computer.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Hope this helps!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation