04-23-2016 06:04 PM
Frustrated new owner of HP Pavilion x360 - convertible here.
Bought this computer about 2 weeks ago. Here are the issues I've been having.
1. Computer goes into sleep mode no matter what minutes setting I've set to (both on battery and plugged in)
I've even set everything to never; laptop would still go into sleep mode after 3 to 5 minutes of no-use.
2. Spent 2 to 3 hours with HP rep, whom of which remotely accessed my laptop, downloaded a bios update, installed bios update. After the bios update, we tested the problem byleaving computer untouched for about 5 minutes or so; issue seems to be solved.
3. After step 2, HDMI external monitor not sending signal to monitor. My ext. monitor can't detect a signal. (I actually had problems when I first tried to use an external monitor, had to do several restarts and shutdowns to finally have monitor detect and signal from the laptop.) I know it's not the hdmi cable or monitor, as I've tried inter-switching monitors and cables with my amazon fire TV. And all monitors and cables were okay.
4. Nevertheless, after step 3, I fiddled around and restarted and shutdown the laptop some more times, and somehow the monitor finally detected a signal, and screen works again.
5. BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN...... LAPTOP GOES INTO THE DREADFUL SLEEPMODE after 3 to 5 minutes of idling. This is really frustrating when you're working a a paper and doze off a lil bit to grab a drink, watch tv, etc; having to come back, wait for log in screen and enter password again is quite tedious.
Can an HP really get to the bottom of this, as I've seen many others in this forum with issues of Sleep as well.
Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated with this as I've spent $600 to $700 on a new machine, but I'm having to go through hours of troubleshooting for this.....
04-25-2016 06:09 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!
I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook and issues with power settings. Here is a link that shows you how to enable away mode. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode.
04-28-2016 05:35 PM
Thank you for your swift reply.
I've really exhausted all my options and settings to play around with to try and resolve this problem but to no avail.
Changing and playing around with the settings you've suggested still does not solve the issue. I've discovered online that many others are having similar issues with this.
Is this a compatibility issue with microsoft 10? Will there be a patch for this?
Really quite annoying when you doze off a bit to watch a basketball game or talk to someone and having to come back and turn the laptop on from sleep. I've even turned off password so that I don't have to re-enter the password each time.
Please help. Thanks.
04-29-2016 05:57 AM
Please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to assist you immediately.