cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

purple line on monitor

HP Recommended
PRO BOOK 470 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI there

So I opened my laptop this morning and there is a purplish discolouring on my monitor. There has been no accident or pressure to the monitor and the laptop sits on my desk 24/7.  It just appeared from nowhere and I would like to get it fixed as I am a digital artist and it is vital that my screen is flawless. Ill attach a couple of images to this message but an help you can give me would be great. The laptop is under warranty and no preessure or force has been applied to the monitor.

Thank you so muchP_20170803_144707.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,220 43,009 6,890 12,069
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not in a position to make promises for HP but that line of off-color pixels should qualify you for a warranty replacement of the display panel. Do you have the HP Support Assistant app on the laptop? You can submit a warranty claim through it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for replying to my post. In answer, I do have the HP Support Assistant app but it basically brings me back to this forum. I always find it hard actually directly contacting HP but can you recommend where I go from here?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,220 43,009 6,890 12,069
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation