Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless connection lost hp 2540 (Mac user)

hp diskjet 2540
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

Used the printer wireless for more than 2 years, all worked fine. After 2 weeks of vacation yesterday I come back home, try to print and the connection wireless is lost. Tried all the tutorials I found, but not able to connect it again. The blue light is blinking. Network diagnostic says: internet connection working but cannot find hp dj 2540. Help please!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,409 1,409 74 135
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@skye48

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.Thank you for posting your query.I read your post I see that you are looking for assistance on wireless connectivity.Thank you for sharing the issue details. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Let's try these simple steps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router.

Step 2:  Select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your network.

For detailed step by step instructions please follow this document:  Click here

Please complete the steps and let me know the outcome.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same, cheers 🙂

Have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I  re-downaloaded the software and now it's working! 😄

thank you, happy day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation