cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gphill Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Attempting to create system recovery media using dvd disks.

LAPTOP-HV8HK11T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I attempted to create system recovery media using dvd disks.  the 1st attempt failed to verify disk.  I requested help from support and the technician ran the same program using my dvd disks.  On the second attempt to create the media, disk#1 and disk#2 were burned and verified. Disk#3 failed just a short time in the process and the process aborted.  The technician suggested that HP programming didn't work well with dvd disks, and that I use a usb flash drive rather than dvd disks.  It seems that I wasted money as I bought the disks earlier today, and used 3 disks without accomplishing creating the system recovery media. Right now it seems to be a "roll of the dice" to continue further attempts with dvd disks. If dvd disks aren't a satisfactorily viable form of media, why is it given an an option?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost
Provost
9487 9430 1669 4689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Attempting to create system recovery media using dvd disks.

DVD discs have and continue to be a great way to create recovery media for computers. Most of the time that there are problems with creating the media, it is due to poor quality DVD discs. On occasion there are issues with background processes using too much of the CPU or interfering with the write process.

Please make sure you are using reliable brand name DVD discs for your HP Recovery Media.  I have had the best luck with DVD+R 16x discs by HP, Sony, and TDK.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation