Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RHC23502 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLINKING POWER BUTTON , SCREEN WONT TURN ON

hp stream 11-D011wm

My laptop will not charge and it will not turn on . Heres the best way to describe it...

When i plug my charger into my computer the red light blinks as well as the power button. It stays on for 3 seconds then blinks and repeats this act. 

I have tried holding the power button down for 15 seconds to do a hard restart and nothing happens. My screen remains black and the power button remains blinking. 

Ive tried using google remedies but none of the research has helped. My lap top is in immaculate condition, i only use it for school or work so im very confused to why my screen wont turn on. it was up and running fine two weeks ago and every since ive been trying to get it to cut on and it wont budge. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 301
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLINKING POWER BUTTON , SCREEN WONT TURN ON

Try holding down the Win key + b key at the same time while powering up to reset the BIOS . 

If that does not work, leave the notebook unplugged from the power supply until the battery completely discharges and then reconnect it and it should boot.  This is a common problem with the Stream notebooks.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation