Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Karthik_75 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery (internal) error (601) at startup

HP Pavillion G6 1319tu
Microsoft Windows XP

I am getting the below start-up error for my HP Pavilion G6 1319tu, which was purchased on 30/6/2012:

Battery (internal) error (601)

Does this need a battery replacement that is inside tha laptop or external? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery (internal) error (601) at startup

Hello @Karthik_75,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I read your post about the battery error you are getting on your Pavilion g6-1319au Notebook and wanted to reach out to you.

This document explains why you may be receiving that error message and some steps to take to correct it. Along with those steps, you may want to test the power adapter.

Based on the information in the service manual, the battery is external and you can replace it if required.

If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the Accept as Solution so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation