Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
illirey Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan settings on a Compaq Presario CQ57 Windows Laptop

Hi, this seem to be a question doomed to be without solution, but is there a way to configure the fan settings on my Presario Windows 7 x64 Laptop? It becomes warm pretty easily and while it performs well, I've heard that it extends life-expectancy greatly with high cooler temperatures. So far I haven't found anything able to change them for this specific computer, while on my Macbook ( schoolcomputer, don't blame me!) I just needed to install a third party, change RPM and target temp and then it was done, not even a reboot needed. Im using a cooler allready. Has anyone managed to do this? Im pretty experienced with managing my PC and the system, but I'd prefer to not meddle with registry and such. Thanks in beforehand!
      /illirey

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
902 74 263
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan settings on a Compaq Presario CQ57 Windows Laptop

Hi,

CPU fan speed (RPMs) are managed by BIOS based on the CPU temprature. tweaking registry may not help manage the RPM. maximum you can achieve is, manage to cook the CPU which will heatup the processor more, which will make the heatsink FAN rotate at higher RPMs. which is anyways not going to solve issues. infact it can increase the troubles.

however if you see any issues caused due to heating of notebook, you may wish to follow steps below and try to reduce the heat on the PC by cleaning heatsink etc...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439

Good Luck !!!!

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation