Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SDHillmon1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card Upgrade

HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card in my HP Pavillion Notebook ( model # N5P49UA#ABA) from the installed  AMD Radeon R5 toan  AMD R9 Graphics card or higher and how is that done?

Thank You

SDHillmon1

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71819 8677 18678
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card Upgrade

Hi,

I think your machine is an HP Pavilion 17-g120nr Notebook :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04773635

It has   2.2gHz up to 2.5GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics with up to 2048MB total graphics memory

The answer is no, you can't upgrade video card on your machine (actually on nearly all consumers class machines) because your machine has integrated video chip which is "soldered" to the motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
SDHillmon1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card Upgrade

Thank you for your quick response.  I appreciate it.  Happy New Year!

SDH

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation