cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lmorrison101
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP EliteBook Battery Runs Out Very Quickly

HP EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a 2 year old Elitebook 840 G1 that works great! I've updated to Windows 10 last september, and I'm happy with the significant performance and application improvements. The only problem i'm having is battery life. The original battery that came with the unit lasted only from Feburary 2014 to March 2015 before needing a charge every 2 hours, and i'm facing the same problem with my new genuine HP battery. I'm down to 3 hours between a charge on power saver mode. I only use my laptop for browsing the web at intervals and typing word documents. 

I know this isn't an issue relating to Windows because the computer came with Windows 7 Pro installed, and the first battery died while I was using that. There have only been 63 full charging cycles so far, and I don't want to buy another battery. Please help!

What i've tried:

- Setting BIOS settings to "Default"

- Run all component tests in BIOS (all passed)

- unplugging everything and cleaning the contacts between the battery and the laptop

- Checked the physical battery condition (like new)

Both battery models are "CM03XL"

Thanks! - Luke

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
New member Freddy_G
6 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP EliteBook Battery Runs Out Very Quickly

Hi Luke

Try updating the bios to at least F.33 if not already there.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_160587_1&swEnvOid=419...

The battery is adressed in F.33

You may also want to download HP suport Assistant and run the battery check that is in it.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_156729_1&swEnvOid=419...

The battery you referenced is a long life battery and carries a 3 year warranty.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

* * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * *

* * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * *

Regards,
Freddy
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation