Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Musa2016 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC: Windows activation key.

HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear helpful Friends.

I bought this laptop and every time it would ask me to activate windows. After one month I returned it back to the shop where I bought it. Kindly they received it and sent it back to Hp branch and told me that, they would call me when it is ready. After three hours they called and told me to come for my laptop that it was ready. I went and picked it. Thanks it is working without asking to activate windows. Before then, it had a recovery partition which was there from the day I bought the laptop, and which was there before the windows was activated. Now, my question is, in case I use the recovery partition to return the laptop to the way it was from the factory, will the windows be active, and if not, will I have to take it back to Hp branch again to activate for me or what should I do.?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74124 74014 9009 19400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC: Windows activation key.

Hi,

The key should be in the BIOS of the machine, no need to activate the second time.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation