Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
codehammer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab292nr

Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab292nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got this new laptop for Christmas.  It came with only 1 stick of 8GB Ram.  Went to BB and got a pair of 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 PNY.  Now my laptop overheats and locks up.  The only difference is the old memory stick was a DDR3L, the new memory is only DDR3.

This memory should work, why is it not?

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35604 5301 9116
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

There's the problem. No it should not work. I am surprised it boots and runs. The laptop is designed for low-voltage memory and you really should not use anything else on a 6th gen Intel Core processor. Did you ask the geniuses (oops wrong store) at BB what your laptop needed or pick it out yourself? Can you take it back and get DDR3L? Pretty sure BB stocks it. The Manual:

Two SODIMM slots - NON customer accessible / upgradeable DDR3L-1600 Dual Channel Support Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations:

Memory module (DDR3L-1600): 8-GB 693374-005

Did you pay more than $70.44 for what you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U...

0 Kudos
codehammer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

No, only paid $55 for them.  I will try to take them back, not sure of their policy.

Thanks for the link.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation