cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shakey2 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Service Time

HP Pro x2 612
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I would like to know how much time it actually takes HP to send a replacement component for a failed computer.  The new laptop I received in the mail from HP showed a failed SSD the first time I turned it on.  When I called HP, I was told they would send me a replacement SSD in 1 to 2 business days.  Instead, I received an e-mail three days later requiring me to scan and send in the proof of purchase (PoP).  This is for an HP computer ordered direct from HP!  It would have saved a lot of time if the help desk told me up front about needing the PoP.  Now I'm told there will be a further delay to validate the PoP, and then more delay in mailing out the SSD.  Meanwhile, I did receive a copy of Windows to load onto the SSD, so apparently I needed the PoP for the SSD but not the operating system, which seems strange.  The help desk couldn't give me an estimate for when I can expect to receive the SSD, and after talking to them three times on the phone, I wouldn't put much trust in their answer anyway.  I can provide a case number, but don't want to post it on an open forum.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
17833 13246 262 1016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Service Time

@Shakey2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation