Note on archived topics.
05-01-2016 03:21 PM - last edited on 05-01-2016 09:36 PM by danny-r
I have the same issue since I bought this SW edition in November. I tried install/uninstalling softwares, finally the computer wont boot up. I was able to find a solution and booted it back up, but it still freezes. It seems it is not an isolated incident but a defect for this model.
Any fixes yet? Reinstalling Win10 did not help either....
I tried chatting online but no one seems to be responding.... I also used this link ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03408309) but the freezing continues...
05-02-2016 10:11 AM
I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.
With the Star Wars Edition Notebook freezing up. I am seeing that if you change the power plan options to balanced option in the Notebook will help. Here is a link that will help.
Go into your power options. Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes. Restart your Notebook and see if the setting options have changed.
You could also try:
In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.
Please get back to me how this goes.
Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.
I work on behalf of HP
05-02-2016 11:33 AM
Before i got your reply, I have reset my laptop to factory default. Also:
1. My power setting has remained on HP recommended (balanced).
2. I ran HP assistant 2 times to update drivers.
3. I have tried to update the display driver as instructed but it states it is up to date.
4. I have not installed any software to it since I have reset to factory default.
5. I turned off HP assistant automatic update.
It still freezes, average time to freeze 15-20 mins. Do you have any other recommendations?
05-02-2016 02:26 PM
I have no luck in trying to fix the freezing issue of my star wars laptop. Here are other symptoms that hopefully can help pinpoint a solution:
1. Laptop freezes when idle (no programs loaded or in use on screen) in less than 5 minutes.
2. I tried playing a youtube video and it will freeze in about 15 minutes.
3. It seems to run (not freeze) when there is activitiy on the keyboard/mouse and programs (for how long, i can only tell at least 40 minutes that I was on, before I have to let it sit idle.....)