Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jacko67 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP StarWars Edition (15-an001ne) Freeze/Hang Issue

I have the same issue since I bought this SW edition in November.  I tried install/uninstalling softwares, finally the computer wont boot up.  I was able to find a solution and booted it back up, but it still freezes.  It seems it is not an isolated incident but a defect for this model.

Any fixes yet?   Reinstalling Win10 did not help either....

I tried chatting online but no one seems to be responding....  I also used this link ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03408309) but the freezing continues...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jacko67,

I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.

With the Star Wars Edition Notebook freezing up. I am seeing that if you change the power plan options to balanced option in the Notebook will help. Here is a link that will help.

Go into your power options. Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes. Restart your Notebook and see if the setting options have changed.

You could also try:

In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Jacko67 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Mrstenster,

Before i got your reply, I have reset my laptop to factory default. Also:

1. My power setting has remained on HP recommended (balanced).  

2. I ran HP assistant 2 times to update drivers.    

3. I have tried to update the display driver as instructed but it states it is up to date.  

4. I have not installed any software to it since I have reset to factory default.  

5. I turned off HP assistant automatic update.

It still freezes, average time to freeze 15-20 mins.  Do you have any other recommendations?

0 Kudos
Jacko67 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Mrstenter,

I have no luck in trying to fix the freezing issue of my star wars laptop.  Here are other symptoms that hopefully can help pinpoint a solution:

1.  Laptop freezes when idle (no programs loaded or in use on screen) in less than 5 minutes.

2.  I tried playing a youtube video and it will freeze in about 15 minutes.

3. It seems to run (not freeze) when there is activitiy on the keyboard/mouse and programs (for how long, i can only tell at least 40 minutes that I was on, before I have to let it sit idle.....)

Any ideas????

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation