Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GeekyDavid Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Probook 4530s Running Sluggish

HP Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, and to those who can actually help me with this problem, I thank your presense.

I had this HP Probook 4530s for almost two years and I can't use this Laptop due to the problems it has in it's performance. The laptop previously had a "Blue Screen of Death" and I fixed it by installing  Windows 10. The installation would take up to 6 hours and it was really slow for some reason.

I saw that the Laptop's battery had stop working and I used a charger to keep the computer on. Once the installation was complete, I saw that there was a really long boot time, taking up to more than 10 minutes. Once it booted, the login screen wouldn't respond to my inputs until 5 minutes later. Once I actually logged in, I saw that with the long boot time, the same was happening with the applications, taking up to 3-10 minutes to actually open it up. Once the application opened up, it was slow to do anything like loading a website, typing down anything, or overall loading.

I want to know that if anybody had the problem I was having, and found a solution to this problem. I think that the problem lies in the lackage of a battery, making the computer go really slow. I'm under the assumption to buy a new replacement battery in order to fix the problem, but I want to know any other solution before buying the replacement battery.

I hope anyone can help me with this problem, as I really want to use this Laptop. Thank you for reading and have a good day!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37037 5586 9626
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The battery is not going to dictate how the laptop performs. A much more likely cause is a bad hard drive. Go into diagnostics (F2 as you power up or F10) and look for thre hard drive test and run it. 

0 Kudos
GeekyDavid Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried a Hard Disk check, but it automaticly failed for me five seconds in the check. I tried this three times and the same result happened.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation