cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chocco
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop is plugged in but not charging

plugd ot ur battery n  den plugd in then restart ur lap ! :Wink:

0 Kudos
KariT
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 12 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have had this laptop for less than a week, and already it is showing that its plugged in but not charging. Is this common for HP? Because this is ridiculous that it would already be having problems.

RoderickNg
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same here with a new dv7 not even 6 months old. This is my first HP laptop. The previous two were Dells and the only battery problems I had with them were of old age -- as in years old. Will have to try that battery removal method and see how that goes.

Here is the problem: Laptop was used mostly plugged in and when disconnected and used with wireless only, it was only for an hour at a time. Then the laptop was put away for about a month (unused) with the battery in fully charged condition. Today on the road again, it would not boot unplugged. Had to plug it in and then it booted. While running, the battery persistently reported it was not charging. Never did this the previous times it was in storage. So am not sure if heat is the cause.

0 Kudos
TurboSkullPT
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OMG, I am having the EXACT SAME Issues as all of you, but you all should know, that some Members of my Car Club, gave me my HP Compaq 2710p, because myself and Mom and Dad, have been going through A LOT of Problems, for example, my Dad has been Hospitalized since March and almost DIED, not to mention, ever since my Mom lost her Job when her Company Closed, she has been Working at Walmart, which doesn't Pay much at all to say the least, so some Members of my Club have been trying to Help me out for a few Years now and I just got this Computer, which I LOVE, but yeah, it is Plugged-In, but won't Charge the Battery, Heck, even yesterday when it had a Charge, the second I Unplugged my HP, it Shut Down, so I dunno what to do about this??  Do I need a New Battery?  I do have the Slice Battery, but don't have it Connected now, so I dunno if it will Charge either, guess I'll have to try it out later Today?  I was thinking of Calling HP, but maybe not, since they aren't Helping you all and I don't have a Warranty now. :robotsad:

0 Kudos
slatkish33
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop is about 2.5 years old. I have recenly used it in battery mode although it is plugged in most of the time. Today I noticed it was showing that it was plugged in but not charging with a charge of 92%. I tried unplugging it and experienced immediate shut down. Tried to turn it back on while unplugged but no reaction (despite the 92% charge). I re-plugged it and it restarted with the black DOS screen where it gave me options for Safe Mode, etc. (which usually occurs after an incomplete shut down). Did this two more times with the exact same results.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? It seems like a very strange coincidence that this is happening to HP users accross the globe within a relatively narrow time frame.

Spooooooky...

0 Kudos
hpuser1o1
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my new HP laptop for less than 2 weeks and its showing (plugged in not charging ). can i please get the solution to this problem. i already shut it down unplugged it  then replugged and turn it on, but i get the same message. PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
RoderickNg
2 2 0 0
Message 17 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Not sure if this a valid 'solution' or not...

I borrowed a battery and the laptop booted up just fine on battery power alone. Then I reinstalled the old battery, except this time I put some pressure around the connector area, just to make sure it is seated best as it could, then I booted up with external power. Amazingly enough, the battery showed charging status. I allowed it to charge to full and successfully used the laptop without external power.

Will see how long this will last...

0 Kudos
pedrito28
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my mother buy a hp pallion g7 laptop about 3 months now and recently when plug it in when battery is low while it is on it will not charge. but if i turn it off it will charge i suspect it is the charger if i play with the charger connecter to the black box it will charger when off and then u can turn it on (shows charging when turn on) but if u play with the connector it will not affect the charging so i am confused so help this a brand new laptop

0 Kudos
cjdaley20
2 2 0 0
Message 19 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I've had this problem before and didnt try to do anything to fix it and i guess it went away on its own. I hadnt used my computer for quite a while until recently because i finally installed a new screen. Anyway i just had this problem reoccur and i had just happened to remove my battery for different reason an hour before the problem started, so i thought maybe thats why it happened all of a sudden.

I read some of these posts on here and i was going to try the shut-down, removal, re-boot, shut-down, reinstall deal but first i decided to check the driver.

I dissabled then re-enabled the driver for the battery first which didnt do anything and im pretty sure it didnt contribute to fixing the problem, but after that i checked to see if the drivers software was up to date and as it was checking the internet for updates my battery started charging. maybe it was a fluke but since it was a really easy fix i figured it was worth putting up here for other people to try.

So put simply, go to control panel, hardware, device manager, battery, update driver.

UPDATE: Sorry i was wrong it was from disabling then re-enabling the device for the battery. i had the problem occur again the next night and i fixed it again but not by updating, it was the disable then re-enabling of the driver. 

0 Kudos
cjdaley20
2 2 0 0
Message 20 of 67
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i was wrong. it was fixed from disabling then re-enabling the driver for the battery. i had the same problem again the night after and i fixed it like that, so at least i have conformation that it wasnt a fluke and it is still an easy fix.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation