cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Davideferry
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

dc5100 update bios 1.10a

HP Recommended

Mornin everyone, 

I have a dc5100 HP compaq Microtower with a Pentium 4 506.

I have to flash the BIOS (that's actually the 786c2 version 1.08) to the 1.10a

Release notes says that 1.10a support  "new" Intel Cpu until F65 Stepping. I need this Update very much cause I want to upgrade the cpu with an old Pentium D 925 that I found.

The problem is that I can't update the Bios to the latest version.

I have done the first flash from 1.07 to 1.08 with a Floppy Rom Disk. 

It actually works very well..but now I can't update to the latest 1.10a version.

Procedures goes well, it says that Bios is updated to the 1.10 but when I restart my pc I have the same 1.08

I've tried to update to the 1.09a (that should be the BIOS mainboard version of the dc6100 ..) and it works, but I can't even update from 1.09 to 1.10a.

Anyone has some ideas? 

Now I'm running the 1.08a , but without the 1.10a I'm stuck and I can't upgrade..

Thank you for your attention, Davide

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dave_S1
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem!!!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation