cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

J9M28UA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

customer (yours) and my friend bought his girl friend a new computer for Christmas this year and something went wrong and I can't repair or recover the win operating system. I don[t even think they registered the system yet... Because I work on computers / Bill can you fix my girl friends computer? I don't know what she did! I use to be able to down load all the drivers for an HP system I was working on.  If i could find the wifi drivers I could use the HP support software... Can any one help HP 15-f023wm Notebook PC Product

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 20
Level 20
117,238 107,419 17,009 26,053
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

Thanks, The driver worked great... System is now updating.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

Hi Paul, 

New member here. I joined the forum to try to understand the way HP operates. I ran across this post while searching for something related.

I'm glad you were able to help this member. Actually, you helped him, his friend and his friend's girlfriend. Three people.

Have you considered that maybe, just as an outside chance, others might be able to benefit from your advice?

That is what I thought the forum was created for.

Now, it would be silly to remove all the pages for driver downloads for every model that HP still supports, and then just have the entire HP buyer base email you for their driver needs, right? Lots of overtime, though, I suppose.

Assming you agree, do you think maybe you might actually have the page listing the drivers for that model actually be current?

I know this a stretch, but I believe that this person wouldn't have had to waste the time of three people plus you, if the driver page was accurate.

Is that a possibility?

Why didn't you update the driver page to reflect the new driver?

I bought this model, and returned it for reasons that I won't clutter this thread with. Search my user name to find it if you like.

Why not update the page and save money for both HP and its customers that bought the 15-f023wm from Walwart?

(That's the reason for the 'wm' designation in the model number.)

As a PS, I want to add a few lines below in case others are curious why other descrepancies exist on these models, assuming that your advanced search engine works:

Why does the 15-f023wm only have ONE slot for ram, when ALL HP documentation that I can find says there are two slots? Even Crucial thinks there are 2 slots.

To be fair, HP says 'two user slots'. I have a soldering station and the right tools, but I'm not qualified to solder in another slot and compensate for the voltages, etc.  I  thought the HP definiton for 'user' did not require above a Master's degree of knowledge, but that's why I'm here... to understand.

Also, why do some (all?) of the HP 15 series notebooks have only ONE wire for the antenna connection to the WLAN module? 

Did AzureWave mistakenly put two connectors ? (aux and main, per official HP manual; antenna 1 and antenna 2 per AzureWave)

I've never seen that done before. Either the last two decades of Electrical Engineers worldwide deserve a refund (I've only seen hundreds of setups for the last twenty years, so I can't speak of setups before then) or HP is cutting corners. Big corners. Can you help me understand?

Thanks, Captinemo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

drivers for J9M28UA

Hi:

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions because I do not work for, or represent HP in any way.

Nor am I a PC repair tech by trade or training.

I primarily help forum members find drivers for their notebooks.

I recommend you read the forum rules of participation, and set your expectations accordingly.

You will not get any response from any one here -- even if they work for HP, that responds on behalf of the company.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Rules-of-Participation/Rules-of-Participation/m-p/252325/highlight/true...

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation