cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wokawoka
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

power saver mode hp officejet 4500 g210n

how do i change time to sleep

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
SauravK
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i believe this is the officejet 4500 G510 series printer.......

first of the power save mode issue is almost unresolvable......its a firmware defect...printer goes to the sleep mode and doesnt wake up when a print command is given or a button is pressed on the printer.....

hp has not released any firmware to fix this and i dont believe there would be any firmware in future as hp is aware f this problem since long and has not done anything to fix this..

however you can press and hold the # and the * button togather on the printer when its on and then release the buttons, it would say enter special key combo or may give the ####***** on the screen then press 1, 2 and 4 one by one... it will say engineering/underware menu, press ok then keep hitting the right arrow to go to the system mode timeout. make this 0.

this is how u can turn off the sleep mode...if at all the printer is working otherwise the issue is irreparable

Big-Turtle
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried this and it worked. It no longer goes to sleep. Waiting for a fax to see if it answers with out having to turn it off then on again.
0 Kudos
Level 9
4,677 4,711 235 573
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Big-Turtle,

Did it work?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation