cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

wireless connection status indicator confusing

HP Recommended

Recently I discovered ater an HP update, that my wireless connectivity shows on screen that I am "not connected" but when i click on it it shows a green bar status and the word connected..Whne I go to my provider it will not connect. If I go to Intrnet Explorer symbol and click ti will connect but no change in the display.

I tried hardwire connection and sometimes it will connet and sometimes it will not. I did not have this issue until the reecnt HP  update that came over the intrnet from official HP..Maybe I need a good link to reinstall my driver for this unit

HP Laptop Pavilliong7-1167 dx  on Windows7  64-bit   Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @ConnyMe ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that it shows a green bar as connected but you are unable to access the Internet.

Have you tried removing or deleting the existing networks and creating a new one.  Did that help?

Here is a link to  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)

Here is another link to asssit you from How-To_Geek  How To Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems

If this has not resolved the issue you could try a restore back to when it was working.

Restore system files and settings

Next I would install the original drivers HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)

You may contact HP support at any time for assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Sparkles1. I finally solved it by turning off the laptop and on again and touched the button for wireless. I also hardwired the cable (pluged it in) in place of going wireless.  Despite reseting the FIOs router none of it worked. I then kept going betwee wire plug in and toggling the wifi swithc on the laptoop and voila somehow it kicked in. I am watching and will post if the problem comes up again. I will save the tips.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation