cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 2
21 16 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

5510 all-in-one Officejet won't print from iMac, but printer copies OK

HP Recommended

My 5510 all-in-one Officejet won't print from  iMac, OSX 6.  Copies OK.  It would not scan so I re-installed from CD and it scanned  OK.  Same thing happened a year ago, and reinstalled  CD and all worked OK.   But now it will not print docs, e-mails, etc from  iMac. When I "print"  I get "error" message on "HP Director" although it shows "Printer Ready". I  cleaned out all HP items  from computer, reistalled (several times),  checked USB connection, "Preferences" on Apple menu, downloaded update from HP - nothing helps. I called HP for $25  phone support - no support for 2005 printer (they want to sell me  a new one, of course)   Please help! Any  suggestions must be detailed - I'm no computer expert!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 459
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your issue. Lets try and get it back up and running.

Let's uninstall with the 'scrubber option' like this:

1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller and click Continue

2. Highlight your device on the left pane
3. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
4. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
5. Click Continue and let it finish

Now, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.

Next, let's reset the printing system:

Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

FInally, you will need to download the install the lastest version on the software available for the proper operating system you are running. The software on the CD is almost always out of date not matter what type of product you are using.

You can find out which version you are running by clicking the Apple logo in the top left of your screen then selection "About this Mac." Look for something like 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7. Once you have this info you can find the most recent software from here: Software & Driver Downloads - HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One Printer 

If you have difficulty deciding which link you need to download let me know what verions you have and I can find you the direct link to the software. Hope this helps and good luck!  :robotvery-happy:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
21 16 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Sean, for your response.

Your suggestion was a good one, suggested by oters.  But didn't help.

But someone came up  with the answer which you  might find of interest:

• Open Applications.
  • Open Utilities.
  • Run Disk Utility.
  • Select your startup drive and click Verify Disk.  (Disk was OK)
  • Select your startup drive and click Verify Permissions.
  • If there are problems, try to do both repair options.
  • Wait for the repair to complete.
  • Reboot.

"Verify Permissions"  produced a long laundry list of errors:  ".....xxxx should be yyyy"

After running "Repair"  all is now well!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation